Monday, February 15, 2016

Rick Will Survive - I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)

(I imagine this as The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes telling his story to Jessie. And realizing he should be with Michonne. Just pointing out that I wrote this before Richonne happened.)

At first I was asleep, I was comatose

And then the dead came back to life and they were gross

Then I spent so many nights killing walkers with remorse

Lost my horse, but the tank was reinforced

and now I'm back; Glenn saved my life

I just arrived at camp to find my friend's been sleeping with my wife

I should have killed him right away, I should have shot him in the head

If I had known for just one second he'd come back from the dead


My wife died, I went insane

a walker ate her, and so I shot it in the brain

 Disease swept through but we came out of it alright

the prison crumbled, then we killed the Termites

Oh no, but I don't trust that priest;

as long as we destroy the brain I know they'll stay deceased

I've got all my life to live I've got all my love to give

and I'll survive I will survive


It took all the strength I had to save this place we're in

kept trying hard to kiss the pretty Alexandrian

and then I had a crazy night and shot her husband by myself

The walls fell but I handled it quite well

and you see me somebody new

I'm not that bearded little psycho

still in love with you

So you and both your kids just died while we were walking through the horde

Now I'm saving all my loving for a woman with a sword

No comments:

Post a Comment